AGM - Annual General Meeting
Each year, WUSPBA holds a meeting to vote on new officers and consider changes to bylaws and rules for the association.
2007 AGM, November 16-18, 2007
The second AGM for 2007 was held at the Clarion Hotel and Suites Emerald Springs in Las Vegas.
• Official Minutes (PDF, 193K) of the November 2007 AGM.
Officer Nominations for Election at AGM
Election of officers at 2007 Annual General Meeting. Offices in WUSPBA are on a two-year rotation. The offices up for re-election are:
President: currently Andrew Morrill, who is running for president again
Band Registrar: currently Jeff Mann, who is not running again
Volunteer organizations run on the participation of members. Serving on the Executive Committee or on your branch board is a way of giving back to the community that has given you so much. Please consider running for one of the positions. It's a good way to learn the workings of the association, the issues affecting the membership, and to meet new people. Not to mention, helping the Association to grow.
Thanks for all you do!
Bylaws and Rule Change Proposals for 2007 AGM (Posted October 17, 2007)
Workshop presenters for the AGM will be from Canada's Alberta Caledonia PB (Grade I):
Piper Sean Somers. Sean's bio
Drummer D/S Peter Hendrickson. Peter's bio (look in right column)
AGM, November 2007
The Annual General Meeting of the Western United States Pipe Band Association will be held on Saturday, November 17. All WUSPBA members are encouraged to attend. The location is in the same hotel as previous years, Clarion Hotel and Suites Emerald Springs, 325 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 800-732-7889, Fax: 702-731-9784. Make your reservations directly with the hotel.
Business will include voting on any proposed changes to bylaws and contest rules, and election of officers.
Proposed bylaws and rules changes should be submitted to the Executive Secretary by Monday, October 8. Proposed changes will be posted to www.wuspba.org and mailed first class to all WUSPBA members.
Positions up for re-election this year are President, Executive Secretary, and Band Registrar.
There will be a games sponsor meeting Friday night, and workshops Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
Further details will be available at wuspba.org as they become available.
Thank you, looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Summer is flying past and it's hard to imagine it's time to be making reservations for the Annual General Meeting, to be held this year on November 16-18 at the Clarion Emerald Springs in Las Vegas. As always, we encourage as many bands as possible to send a representative or two.
1) Any decisions to be made about Bylaws changes or Contest Rules will be voted upon by the membership present.
2) Once again there will be quality workshops (watch the website and your WUSPBA mail list for details - http://www.wuspba.org/wuspbanews_signup.htm to sign up) for both pipers and drummers.
3) If we don't have a full turnout, the hotel will move us to the smaller meeting room in the back building which was not very satisfactory last year. However, they (reasonably) reserve the right to do so if our attendance is down so please come!
4) It's always great (I think) to have a chance to see and talk to other band people outside of the contest setting.
5) Although some would prefer we held our meetings at a big casino, we think the Emerald Springs is a nice compromise the Strip is easily accessible but the hotel is quiet and pleasant.
6) There is a shuttle service to and from the Las Vegas airport.
7) Staying at the hotel helps us keep costs down. As before, double rooms will be available as well as singles - $89/night, plus a 9% tax.
8) If you've never been to Vegas, it's worth a peek and if you have transportation, Lake Mead is only a half hour away, with splendid petroglyphs, lovely scenery and the magnificent Hoover Dam.
To book your room, please call 702 723-9100 and say you are part of WUSPBA.
See you soon!